My wife Debbie and I have lived in Hayward since April of 2004.. We are members of St. Edwards Catholic Church in Austin, MN. I am now retired after a 42 year career in Manufacturing. I am a member of the Knights of Columbus. Also I am a Vietnam War veteran and a life member in the American Legion and VFW . My main hobbies are working on the computer and being an Extra Class Ham radio operator.
My goals as Mayor are to promote growth and communication in the community and make the city a safe and quiet place to live. I want to work hard to manage our expenses and look for improvements to cut expenses to keep our taxes and city costs in control. Please feel free to contact me if you have any ideas or concerns and I will bring it up at the city council meeting. Also feel free to attend our regular city council meetings which are held on the second Monday of each month at the City Community Center at 7pm.
I became a councilman January 2015. Mary and I moved to Hayward in 2011.We decided to move to a nice quiet community. We attend Grace Lutheran Church in Albert Lea. Darwin retired as an industrial mechanic and Mary is a retired nurse. We love to volunteer in our church and community. Our hobbies include gardening, flowers, walking on the trails, and spending time with our families and our pets. On nice days we love to ride our Honda Gold Wing. We enjoy meeting new people. I look forward to help improve our community. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me.
My name is Anthony Cox and I have lived in Hayward my whole life. I've been on the council since January, 2011. I decided to get involved with the council and help to make the important decisions to keep the city running with a vision for the future. If you have any concerns or questions please feel free to contact me.
City Maintenance Engineer
City Office and Shop
I have worked for the City of Hayward since July 1989.
- Class D for wastewater treatment from M.P.C.A.
- Class D for water supply system from MN Dept. of Public Health
- Maintain current inventory of all city property and keep on file.
- Supervise maintenance of or maintain all city equipment, vehicles and facilities subject to ability and available tools.
- Handle all problems, maintenance, monitoring, treating and recording as required by water department, including reading of meters.
- Handle all problems, maintenance, workings and recording as required by the sewer department.
- Handle, according to the season, all necessary maintenance of the street system and major items by city council approval.
- Responsible for maintenance of all city real estate.
- Work with area organizations and businesses for work on city projects and help to solve problems when possible.
- Bring all matters to the city council as they relate to rules and ordinances of the city.
- Shall receive all telephone calls coming into the office, pickup city mail daily, and provide support and assistance to the city council and city clerk.
- When possible, shall be on call 24 hours per day to deal with emergency situations. To protect this area and all work areas, will have designated individuals ready and able to carry on in his absence to respond to work needed with approval of the city council.
- Is required to attend all meetings of the city council unless asked not to attend.
My name is Sue Ruble. I joined the council in September, 2016. I have lived in Hayward for most of my life and consider this town my home. I decided to become more involved in the community and want to be a voice for concerned citizens of Hayward. I have a love for animals, enjoy watching football and spending time with my family, friends and neighbors. Please contact me with any concerns.
I have three adult children and six beautiful grandchildren; in my spare time, I enjoy spending as much time as possible with family and friends.
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Bachelor of Science degree Political Science, graduated Cum Laude
Areas of Concentration: Public Administration and Paralegal Studies.
Minor: Business Law.
Work History: Child Support Officer with Dodge County Human Services; Membership & Service Unit Specialist with the Girl Scouts of Minnesota and Wisconsin River Valleys; former business owner, The Urban Cottage, Faribault.
Community Experience: Active member of St Theodore's Catholic Church in Albert Lea. Some community activities I've been involved with include, serving as a volunteer ESL instructor for non-English speaking immigrants and refugees; visiting prison inmates talking, listening, reading scriptures at the MN Correctional Facility, Faribault; 4-H Leader and Girl Scout Leader.