My name is Anthony Cox and I have lived in Hayward my whole life. I've been on the council since January, 2011. I decided to get involved with the council and help to make the important decisions to keep the city running with a vision for the future. If you have any concerns or questions please feel free to contact me.
I became a councilman January 2015. Mary and I moved to Hayward in 2011.We decided to move to a nice quiet community. We attend Grace Lutheran Church in Albert Lea. Darwin retired as an industrial mechanic and Mary is a retired nurse. We love to volunteer in our church and community. Our hobbies include gardening, flowers, walking on the trails, and spending time with our families and our pets. On nice days we love to ride our Honda Gold Wing. We enjoy meeting new people. I look forward to help improve our community. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me.
Public Works Director
City Office and Shop
- Maintain current inventory of all city property and keep on file.
- Supervise maintenance of or maintain all city equipment, vehicles and facilities subject to ability and available tools.
- Handle all problems, maintenance, monitoring, treating and recording as required by water department, including reading of meters.
- Handle all problems, maintenance, workings and recording as required by the sewer department.
- Handle, according to the season, all necessary maintenance of the street system and major items by city council approval.
- Responsible for maintenance of all city real estate.
- Work with area organizations and businesses for work on city projects and help to solve problems when possible.
- Bring all matters to the city council as they relate to rules and ordinances of the city.
- Shall receive all telephone calls coming into the office, pickup city mail daily, and provide support and assistance to the city council and city clerk.
- When possible, shall be on call 24 hours per day to deal with emergency situations. To protect this area and all work areas, will have designated individuals ready and able to carry on in his absence to respond to work needed with approval of the city council.
- Is required to attend all meetings of the city council unless asked not to attend.
101 Armstrong Street
Hayward, MN 56043
City Liaison for Animal Control, Ordinance Enforcement, Street Department
I have three adult children and six beautiful grandchildren; in my spare time, I enjoy spending as much time as possible with family and friends.
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Bachelor of Science degree Political Science, graduated Cum Laude
Areas of Concentration: Public Administration and Paralegal Studies.
Minor: Business Law.
Work History: Child Support Officer with Dodge County Human Services; Membership Manager & Service Unit Specialist with the Girl Scouts of Minnesota and Wisconsin River Valleys; former business owner, The Urban Cottage, Faribault.
Community Experience: Active member of St Theodore's Catholic Church in Albert Lea. Some community activities I've been involved with include, serving as a volunteer ESL instructor for non-English speaking immigrants and refugees; visiting prison inmates talking, listening, reading scriptures at the MN Correctional Facility, Faribault; 4-H Leader and Girl Scout Leader.